Why Work at FACTS?
We believe in recruiting and retaining great teachers and we recognize that great teachers want to work with other great teachers. We asked our teachers why they love working at FACTS. Here’s what they said!
Click here to see the generous benefits package.
Anticipated Openings for the 2023-2024 School Year:
7th & 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher – FACTS is seeking a middle school homeroom teacher who will teach 4 sections of social studies daily.
Special Education Supervisor – FACTS is seeking to hire a Special Education Supervisor who will be responsible for the oversight, management, administration, and evaluation of the special education program. This position supervises a team of teachers, paraprofessionals, and contracted professionals within the Special Education program. This is a 12 month position with an ideal start date of July 1, 2023.
Special Education Teacher – FACTS has an opening for a special education teacher to join our team. The anticipated opening is in middle school.
Long-term Substitute Music Teacher– FACTS is currently seeking a Pennsylvania-certified Long-term Substitute K-8 Music Teacher. This position is filling a full-time leave of absence that we anticipate to be from late August 2023 through the end of December 2023.
Folk Arts Education Specialist – FACTS is seeking a Folk Arts Education Specialist to nurture, sustain, and grow our folk arts education program. Primary responsibilities include: coordinating folk arts residencies; training teachers in folk arts education; playing a lead role in Ritual Calendar Events; developing, implementing and improving systems of evaluation/ assessment/research; and grant writing, tracking and reporting. This position will remain open until filled. Start date to be negotiated. Informational flyer about this position.
General Education Elementary Teachers– FACTS has an opportunity for a general education elementary teacher to join our team of collaborative and mission driven educators as a long-term substitutes filling a leave of absence. In addition to being a homeroom teacher, the successful candidate(s) will teach math and science/social studies to two sections of students each day.
- General Education – 1st Grade from late August 2023- late December 2023
Instructional Building Substitute Teacher – FACTS has multiple openings for the 2023-2024 school year for an Instructional Building Substitute. The hire(s) will be assigned daily to cover teacher absences. Ideally, assignments will last no more than 1 consecutive week in any one class. They will present and teach subject matter across content areas to students K-8 as outlined on substitute plans by the classroom teacher.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and copy of teaching certification to email@example.com for consideration.
We also surveyed our teachers and asked them to tell us the first thing they would tell a prospective employee about why they should work at FACTS. They responded:
- FACTS is one of the kindest, most supportive schools I have ever worked at.
- FACTS allows teachers to be heavily involved in the process of curriculum development. Teachers are allowed to teach.
- FACTS allows for great growth of newer teachers and an environment in which a teacher of any experience level would thrive.
- FACTS is extremely collaborative. The staff care about one another and the students.
- I have never worked with a more committed group of loving educators.
- I would tell them how intentional the school board, admin team, teachers and staff have been to provide the best educational experience for our students. They have wonderful events and ideas that enable both the teachers and students to be reflective in their daily learning and teaching.
- At FACTS, teacher prep times are valued, collaboration is encouraged, teacher observations (by admin) is never punitive but a way to seek improvement, colleagues do not compete with each other but are still motivated to do their best.