Anticipated Openings for the 2022-23 School Year:
The Instructional Building substitute teacher is a full-time salaried position. The Instructional Building Substitute will be assigned to cover daily teacher absences. The ideal candidate is expected to challenge, inspire, and actively engage students in their own learning process by teaching both for content and for critical thinking and life character development. Preference is given to those currently holding or pursing Pennsylvania teaching certification.
Intervention teachers are responsible for ensuring student achievement and learning by delivering appropriate and effective instruction to all assigned students and by providing students with the support and guidance they need to succeed. Intervention teachers work collaboratively and coordinate instruction and assessment with other staff members.
The ELD teacher teaches in both inclusion and pull-out settings in order to accelerate students’ acquisition of English and the academic content of math, language arts, science, and social studies in order to meet classroom expectations; serves as a liaison between the EL student and all their classroom teachers and their families and the school; and creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student’s ability and level of achievement.
Why Work at FACTS?
We believe in recruiting and retaining great teachers and we recognize that great teachers want to work with other great teachers.
We recently asked our current teachers why they love working at FACTS. Here’s what they said!
We also surveyed our teachers and asked them to tell us the first thing they would tell a prospective employee about why they should work at FACTS. They responded:
- FACTS is one of the kindest, most supportive schools I have ever worked at.
- FACTS allows teachers to be heavily involved in the process of curriculum development. Teachers are allowed to teach.
- FACTS allows for great growth of newer teachers and an environment in which a teacher of any experience level would thrive.
- FACTS is extremely collaborative. The staff care about one another and the students.
- I have never worked with a more committed group of loving educators.
- I would tell them how intentional the school board, admin team, teachers and staff have been to provide the best educational experience for our students. They have wonderful events and ideas that enable both the teachers and students to be reflective in their daily learning and teaching.
- At FACTS, teacher prep times are valued, collaboration is encouraged, teacher observations (by admin) is never punitive but a way to seek improvement, colleagues do not compete with each other but are still motivated to do their best.