We are proud to announce that thanks to our sponsors, donors, and participants we have raised nearly $30,000 to support FACTS!
Participate by running or walking at anytime you choose between October 13th and October 17th.
Virtual Celebration October 23, 2021 @ 10am
The FACTS 5K serves as a fundraiser for the Folk Arts-Cultural Treasures Charter School.
FACTS believes in promoting the cultural, physical and social health of our students and our surrounding community.
FACTS 5K is our biggest annual fundraising event. Funds raised by the 5K support special activities, programs, and equipment that make FACTS unique. For example:
- Purchase new Lion heads that will help mark important celebrations such as Lunar New Year and Promotion Day.
- Support our environmental education program where students experience the wonder and joys of nature in the Inch by Inch garden
- Bring African American storytellers to share their stories and cultural traditions with our students
- Expand our library of books that celebrate, affirm, and teach histories and experiences of people of color, immigrants/refugees, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and other groups that are too often underrepresented
This year, due to the uncertainties of the pandemic, we will be holding our 5K virtually.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register as a virtual 5K participant today! The deadline to register is September 27, 2021.
- All participants who register by September 27th will receive a 2021 Virtual 5K t-shirt
- Get moving!
- Between October 13th and 17th go running, walking, or get your body moving in a way that is fun for you.
- Share with FACTS!
- If you choose, submit photos or a video (30 seconds or less) by 8am on October 18th to email@example.com of yourself running, walking, moving in your 5K t-shirt for your chance to be featured in our compilation video to be shared at the Virtual Celebration.
- Attend the Virtual FACTS 5K Celebration on October 23, 2021 at 10 am.
- The Celebration will feature a compilation of video clips submitted by participants, team awards, an announcement of our fundraising successes, and a video sampler of the projects that the 5K will fund.
- The zoom link will be emailed to all participants and distributed at t-shirt pick-up.
SUPERCHARGE YOUR SUPPORT FOR FACTS: CREATE A TEAM
Why create a team?
Building a fundraising team is the most fun and effective way of increasing the impact of your participation in the 5K. There are team prizes!
- Create or join an existing team during the registration process on the FACTS Run the Day webpage
- Recruit friends, family members, and coworkers to join your team by registering as a virtual runner and/or making a donation
- Gather your team to run/walk/move together if you wish
- Submit a phone or video (under 1 minute) of your team running/ walking/moving and you could be included in our compilation video to be shared at the Virtual Celebration. All photos and videos must be submitted via email to facts5K@factschool.org by 8am on October 18th to be considered for prizes or inclusion in the celebration.
Recognition and Prizes for the following team categories will be announced at the virtual celebration on October 23rd at 10am:
- Team Web Page Design – Each team will need to set up their team website page on the Run The Day site. We’re looking for the most creative design. Add pictures and a cool message to be considered for this prize.
- Friends/Family # – The team with the most members
- Money $$- The team that raises the most money
- Creativity! – Get creative with costumes and a theme for your team. (requires photo submission)
- Youngest – We can’t wait to see cute babies/toddlers in this year’s 5K! The team with the youngest participant wins. (requires photo/age submission)
- Pet Participation – The benefit of the virtual event is your dog, cat, iguana or other pet can join in the fun this year! (requires photo submission)
- FACTS Alumni Pride- We want to see teams from our promoted classes! Which promotion years can gather a team?
- FACTS 5K Spirit Video – We’re looking for the most enthusiastic 1 minute or less video of your team completing their run/walk. (requires video submission)
Q: When and where can I pick up my FACTS 5K t-shirt and virtual zoom link information?
A: There will be packet pick up in advance at the Folk Arts Cultural Treasures Charter School at 1023 Callowhill Street. Packets may be picked up in person at FACT Charter School Tuesday, October 12th between 7:45 am and 4:30 pm. FACTS student and family packets will be distributed and sent home with students October 11th or 12th.
Q: Where do I walk/run/exercise?
A: Between October 13th and 17th go running, walking, or get your body moving in a way that is fun for you in a park, your neighborhood or even your house. You choose! We encourage you to take pictures and send them to us so we can include them in the virtual celebration on October 23rd.
Q: Do I have to attend the virtual celebration to register and/or donate?
A: No. We would love to have as many people as possible show up for our virtual celebration but it is not required in order to be a participant in this year’s 5k.
Q: Are paper registration forms available?
A: Yes. Paper registration forms will be made available for FACTS families and students in early September, however, we strongly encourage on-line registration. On-line registration is required for those creating teams.