Rules for School Volunteers and Chaperones updated November 28, 2017
All volunteers (including chaperones) must obtain a child abuse history clearance and state and federal criminal history checks. These clearances and background checks are in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. No adult will be allowed to volunteer or chaperone at FACTS after July 1st without these clearances on file.
The good news is that two of these clearances are free for volunteers and all of them are valid for 5 years! The information below lists the websites needed to apply for these clearances.
Where to Obtain Clearances
- PA criminal history (free): https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Child Abuse Clearance (free): https://compass.state.pa.us/cwis or Paper Version of Child Abuse Clearance
Everyone needs the two clearances above. You do not need to obtain the FBI clearance if you are a volunteer and you have been a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous 10 years. You must affirm in writing that you are not disqualified from service based on a conviction.
- If you have lived in Pennsylvania for less than 10 consecutive years use must obtain the Federal criminal history (FBI) fingerprinting.
- The code for volunteers is: 1KG6Y3
- There are specific locations where actual fingerprinting is done. A list of location is available at the website. The applicant will pay a fee of $22.60 at the fingerprint site using either a credit card or money order. No cash or checks will be accepted.
If you need assistance, please contact our Associate Director, Teacher Ricque via phone (215) 569-2600 or e-mail rporter [at] factschool.org.
Once you obtain the certifications, please bring the originals to Teacher Ricque. She will make a copy and return your originals. Please be assured that all information will be kept confidential. We greatly appreciate your support in helping to provide special experiences for our students.