Parent Involvement Policy and Compact
Download the complete Parent Involvement Policy and Compact
Adopted Mar. 22, 2006
The administration, staff, and parents/caregivers of this school believe that the improved academic achievement of each student is a responsibility shared by the entire school community, including the Board of Trustees, school administration, staff, community members, students, and parents (defined for purposes of this policy to include guardians and all members of a student’s family involved in the student’s education).
Parent involvement activities in the school include opportunities for:
- Parents to volunteer and be involved in school activities
- Parent education and parent involvement in staff development
- Parents to provide home support for their student’s education
- Parents to be involved in school decision making
- Effective communication between the school and parents
Responsibilities of FACTS
The school will:
- Provide a high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment enabling students to meet the state academic standards.
- Involve parents in an organized, ongoing, and timely way in the planning, review and improvement of Title I programs, plans and policies.
Responsibilities of Administration
With regard to School Parent Involvement Policy, the administration will:
- Facilitate and implement the Title I Parent Involvement policy.
- Involve parents in the planning, review and improvement of the Parent Involvement Policy at least annually. The annual review will assess how much parent involvement has increased and identify barriers to parental participation that need to be addressed.
- Provide notice to parents of the Parent Involvement Policy in an understandable and uniform format and to the extent practicable, in a language the parents can understand.
- Make the Parent Involvement Policy available to the community.
- Involve parents in decisions about how the 1% of Title I, Part A funds reserved for parent involvement is spent. Funds may pay for reasonable and necessary expenses to enable parents to participate in school related meetings and training sessions including transportation, child care, translation, or home visit expense.